What happens when we fight together? We win!
The 2017 –2019 IP Home Care Contract – one of the best home care contracts in the nation – has been fully funded by the state legislature – all because of you.
For the last six months, thousands of members called and emailed, traveled from around the state and clocked hundreds of hours in lobby visits with legislators. The fight to fully fund the Home Care Contract was an uphill battle, but because of our determination and shared will – ALL CAREGIVERS WILL EARN A LIVING WAGE!!
Here’s is a snapshot of what we have won:
- All caregivers will get raises every 6 months for the next 2 years. All caregivers will see increases of at least 12-15 percent over the next 18 months.
- By January 2019, all caregivers will make at least $15 an hour
- Our contract also rewards experience. By the end of the contract the most experienced caregivers with advanced training will make more than $18 an hour
- The caregiver retirement benefit will double
- Paid-Time-Off increases for all caregivers
- 15 minutes of paid administrative time each pay period—this is a first-in-the-nation achievement for state-paid home care individual providers!
- No cuts to our health care benefits
- New accountability for IPOne which includes new timelines for identifying and fixing problems.
Fifteen years ago, caregivers started SEIU 775. Back then, caregivers made $7.18/hour with no benefits – no health care, no retirement, no vacation and sick leave (PTO), and no workers compensation (L&I). Since then, by uniting together, standing strong, and making our voices heard, we have doubled those wages – and even more than doubled them for experienced caregivers.
We are truly stronger together! You can read the full contract here: State of Washington 2017-2019 CBA.
You’ll be hearing from us with contract news updates, so be sure to stay tuned to the SEIU 775 Facebook page!