This year, we raised our voices together until we were too loud to be ignored — and we won a Washington State Individual Provider contract we can be proud of!
Here’s what’s in the tentative agreement:
• Raises for all caregivers every six months
• Wage increases of at least 8% for all IP caregivers over the two years of the contract
• By June 2021, IPs’ minimum hourly wages will be $16.72, and the top hourly wage will be $19.07.
• The most experienced caregivers with certification and advanced training will make more than $20 an hour!
• Full funding to cover healthcare inflation and protect our healthcare, and money to continue and expand programs like “Caregiver Kicks” to keep caregivers healthy and safe on the job!
• Full funding to continue Carina as it expands statewide!
• Full funding for training, including more money for advanced training!
• A big increase for our retirement!
Because of agency parity, agencies also get funding for similar raises and benefits.
There’s still work to do: We need to make sure that funding for the IP contract and agency parity is passed by the Washington Legislature.
Speaking of the legislatures, we have a lot to be proud of in the recent election: SEIU 775 members turned out the vote for state senators and representatives in key districts, ensuring that people who support caregivers and those we care for will represent us in Olympia and Helena!
We’ll be sending out more detailed information on our legislative priorities soon