Visit your fellow caregivers to talk with them about the union’s political program and leadership opportunities!
SEIU 775 MCOI participants are part of an eight-week paid internship program in selected areas of Washington state, going door to door and doing house visits with members.
The next internship session is Aug. 7 to Oct. 5, 2017. The initial training will be in SEIU 775’s Seattle office. Interns will then return home, and work in their own counties.
The deadline to apply is July 31, 2017.
- House visit other SEIU 775 members
- Expand our Political Accountability Fund
- Identify potential activists and leaders you meet during house visits
- Attend four days of SEIU 775 MCOI Boot Camp at the Seattle HQ
- Daily debriefing
- Training, local turf meetings and events
- Engage members to be part of the movement
- Increase membership participation, including Political Accountability Fund
- Develop leadership skills
- Mobilize new members to become involved in union activities
- Continue to develop leadership skills by building our union in your turf with other active leaders and organizers after your internship is over
Apply below! Questions? Read the FAQ after the form!
Do I need a car?
Yes. You MUST have a reliable car, current driver’s license and current insurance. You cannot participate in the program if you do not have a car, license and auto insurance.
How many hours per week will I get paid?
This is a temporary internship program for eight weeks and is not a permanent job with SEIU. You are assigned to work 40 hours per week, however the “work week” may include a weekend day. You will get two paid breaks (30 minutes) a day.
Will meals be provided?
Generally not, though we will have lunch and coffee during the Boot Camp, and other all day in-office trainings. You will provide your own lunch on most days.
What about my client and home care duties? Can I continue to work with my client?
It is your responsibility to find coverage and respite care for your client during the times you will be a MCOI intern. We encourage you to consider having your client contract with home care agencies whose workers are in our union.
Will all materials be provided for house visit?
For house visits, you will be provided with all materials needed for you to locate homes easily. You will share your story and listen to members’ stories, encourage them to get involved, and to join the Political Accountability Fund.
What is the next step after I submit my application online?
MCOI’s lead will contact you within one week via phone after you submit your application.