Because of the work our Union, SEIU 775, did to help pass the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), Montana’s Department of Public Health and Human Services now has the funding to offer temporary assistance for 12 months of childcare for eligible healthcare workers – including long-term care workers.
Applications are now open. Funding is limited and applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You and your family live in Montana
- Child requiring childcare is under 12 twelve years old
- Child requiring childcare is U.S. citizens or a qualified alien (proof of immigration status)
- Parents with children under 18 are compliant with child support if there is an absent parent.
- You provide direct care services to individuals in Montana in one or more of the following categories:
- Long-term care settings: nursing homes, in-home care, or other home and community-based services
- Behavioral services
- Disabilities services
- Your family works at least one of the following number of hours per month:
- 2 parent households: 120 hours (The work hours may be divided between the two parents. One parent may meet the work requirement while the other parent attends school full time)
- Single parent: 60 hours
- Single parent studying full-time: 40 hours.
- You’ll receive priority funding if your household/family’s income1 is at or below the Federal Poverty Line (FPL). If you think you’re above the income limit, you can still apply and there’s still a chance it might get approved.
|Number of persons in Family/Household||250% Federal Poverty Line, Annual Income|
Montana Childcare Assistance: Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of the program?
The program will provide assistance for 12 months to pay a childcare provider for eligible healthcare workers. A childcare provider will be paid the full authorized amount, regardless of attendance. This ensures a child will have a childcare slot with the provider.
Will I have to pay anything?
Yes, you will pay up to a monthly co-payment of up to $100 to your childcare provider.
What is a qualified childcare provider?
A qualified childcare provider is one that is licensed/registered by the State of Montana. You can search for certified and licenses childcare providers in this database OR the Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies in which you submit your application might be able to help you find one.
How can I submit the application and get assistance filling it out?
You can submit your application through the different Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies and Regions. You can go to the DPHHS website OR find your region and contact information below. Many of these agencies have translation services, so if English is not your first language, ask whether they have an interpreter available.
|Region||Serving counties||Name||Phone numbers||Address|
|1||Flathead, Lake, Lincoln, Sanders||The Nurturing Center||406 – 756 – 1414 800 – 204 – 0644||322 2nd Ave West, Suite C |
Kalispell, MT 59901-4428
|2||Mineral, Missoula, Ravalli||Child Care Resources||406 – 728 – 6446 800 – 728 – 6446||Child Care Resources |
500 N. Higgins, Suite 202
PO Box 7038
Missoula, MT 59807-7038
|3||Beaverhead, Deer Lodge, Granite, Madison, Powell, Silver Bow||Butte 4 C’s||406 – 723 – 4019 800 – 794 – 4061||Butte 4 C’s – Butte |
101 N. Main Street
Butte, MT 59701
|4||Broadwater, Gallatin, Jefferson, Lewis & Clark, Meagher, Park||Child Care Connections ||406 – 587 – 7786 800 – 962 – 0418||1143 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 1 |
Bozeman, Montana 59718
|5||Cascade, Chouteau, Fergus, Glacier, Judith Basin, Petroleum, Pondera, Teton, Toole||Family Connections||406 – 761 – 6010 800 – 696 – 4503||202 2nd Ave S, Suite 201 |
Great Falls, MT 59405
|6||Blaine, Daniels, Dawson, Garfield, McCone, Hill, Liberty, Phillips, Prairie, Richland, Roosevelt, Sheridan, Valley, Wibaux||Family Connections||406-761-6010||145 4th Ave Suite 3|
Havre, MT 59501
|7||Big Horn, Carbon, Carter, Custer, Fallon, Golden Valley, Musselshell, Powder River, Rosebud, Stillwater, Sweet Grass, Treasure, Wheatland, Yellowstone||HRDC District 7||406 – 247 – 4732 800 – 443 – 1411||7 North 31st Street |
PO Box 2016
Billings, MT 59103-2016