After four months and hundreds of caregivers and self-advocates traveling to Olympia to tell their stories and explain to legislators the importance of the legislation we’ve been fighting for, the Washington State Legislative Session has ended and we have a lot to celebrate!
- Our Caregiver Contract was fully funded with Parity for Agency Caregivers
- The Long-Term Care Trust Act was passed
- Both the Alternatives to Guardianship Bill (HB 1329) and the Uniform Guardianship Act (SB 5604) were passed and funded
- The administrative rate was increased for homecare agencies
- A pilot project to provide home care services to our vulnerable seniors and persons with disabilities in homeless shelters was funded
All of this was possible because caregivers from across the state came together to stand up for themselves, their clients, and each other. When we show up, we win!